Clients and Industries
Vicky represents companies, institutions, executives, employees and licensed professionals in a variety of industries, including technology, health care, industrial materials, telecommunications and retail. She also represents educational institutions and non-profit organizations.
Practice Areas and Experience
Vicky represents clients in complex business disputes relating to commercial contracts, real estate and finance. Vicky also represents employers and employees in a range of employment matters involving severance and separation negotiations, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, discrimination issues and workplace investigations. She handles civil and criminal matters in state and federal courts, and she represents clients in proceedings before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Vicky is a certified Title IX investigator.
Vicky’s government investigation and white collar criminal defense practice includes representation of businesses and individuals in proceedings and investigations related to allegations of health care fraud and off-label marketing of drugs and devices. In addition, she represents physicians and other licensed medical professionals in disciplinary proceedings.
Professional Experience Outside of Collora LLP
Vicky served as a law clerk to the Honorable William Meade and the Honorable Susan Beck in the Massachusetts Appeals Court before joining Collora LLP in 2007. As a student attorney, she was selected to participate in the Rapapport Honors Program, through which she was a fellow at Jane Doe, Inc., the Massachusetts Coalition against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence. She represented low-income clients in administrative and probate proceedings through the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau.
Sample of Results in Practice *
- Represents employers of all sizes in matters involving discrimination, contract and tort claims by employees, development and implementation of employment policies and practices, and employee separation.
- Represented international law firm sued for FMLA retaliation by former associate.
- Achieved complete dismissal of claims for company faced with employee litigation related to allegations of discrimination and harassment.
- Represented a young engineer who had not been paid for wages and bonuses in accord with the Massachusetts Wage Act, ultimately obtaining a favorable settlement without necessity of trial.
- Secured injunction on behalf of a company that prevented former employee from competing with the employer in violation of his employment agreement.
- Advised a large company in the food and beverage industry that had lost at trial (with another attorney) regarding its options for appeal; ultimately negotiated a settlement after positioning the case for successful appeal and possible re-trial.
- Represented president and chief executive of a health care institution, obtaining a separation settlement through mediation following an EEOC action.
* This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience, and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.