Clients and Industries
Shaun represents businesses and individuals in white collar criminal and complex civil litigation matters across a variety of industries, including the health care, financial services and education industries. He works with clients through all phases of litigation and government investigations, including discovery, trial preparations, trials, post-conviction litigation, sentencing and appeals.
Practice Areas and Experience
Shaun handles all phases of civil, criminal, and administrative proceedings. His experience as a former Assistant District Attorney provides the firm’s clients with an insightful, well-rounded approach to case analysis, discovery, investigations, motions practice, negotiations and trial preparation.
Professional Experience Outside of Collora LLP
Prior to joining the firm, Shaun served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts, where he litigated over 25 jury trials, 30 bench trials and countless pretrial motions. He prosecuted a range of cases involving domestic violence, sexual assault, violent assault and battery, larceny, drug distribution and firearm offenses. He conducted several criminal investigations, one of which used DNA evidence to solve a nearly decade-old breaking-and-entering. During his time as an ADA, Shaun also navigated plea negotiations, evidentiary issues, constitutional challenges and discovery disputes. While in law school, Shaun interned with the FBI and the US Attorney’s Office, and was a judicial intern for the Honorable O. Rogeriee Thompson on the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit where he analyzed a variety of criminal and civil appeals.
Sample of Results in Practice *
- As a prosecutor, worked with law enforcement to investigate motor vehicle crashes involving fatalities and serious injuries to determine appropriate criminal charges.
- Interviewed witnesses and victims of violent crimes and sexual assaults in preparation for trials.
- Secured convictions of numerous criminal defendants charged with offenses involving domestic violence, sexual assault, violent assault and battery, operating under the influence of drugs and liquor, larceny, drug distribution and firearm offenses.
- Participated on trial team in connection with an insurance coverage claim concerning environmental clean-up costs for a commercial property owner.
- Successfully argued multiple pre-trial motions, including motions to suppress in criminal court.
- Defended indigent clients charged with assault & battery, larceny and drug offenses at the Boston Municipal Court.
- Successfully argued to dismiss an assault & battery case following thorough crime scene investigation and interviews of multiple witnesses.
* This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Shaun was raised properly by his Brookline-born parents to be a New England sports fan despite his New Jersey upbringing. When Shaun isn’t handling cases, he can be found cheering on the Patriots and Red Sox, hiking with his wife and their dog, traveling, cooking, painting or skiing.