Ingrid Martin presented as faculty for a Strafford webinar entitled, "Responding to CIDs and HIPAA Subpoenas in FCA Investigations: Minimizing Scope of Disclosure, Mitigating Risk of Inadvertent Disclosure, Protecting PHI". This recorded webinar provides guidance to healthcare counsel on responding to Civil Investigative Demands (CIDs) and HIPAA subpoenas in healthcare fraud and False Claims Act (FCA) investigations. The panel provides best practices for complying with CIDs and subpoenas while protecting patient information.
The discussion encompasses the following items:
- CIDs and HIPAA subpoenas in healthcare fraud and FCA investigations
- Responding to CIDs
- Responding to HIPAA subpoenas
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
The panel will also review these and other key issues:
- What risks do counsel to healthcare providers face when responding to CIDs and HIPAA subpoenas in fraud investigations?
- What are key considerations for counsel when developing a response strategy?
- What steps can counsel take to protect patient privacy and ensure HIPAA compliance when responding to CIDs and HIPAA subpoenas?
Ingrid co-presented with Lauren DeSantis-Then, a shareholder with Polsinelli in Washington DC.
Founded in 1984, Strafford has a long-standing commitment to helping attorneys and business professionals get the information they need to stay on the cutting edge. Supporting the legal, corporate tax, accounting and tax return preparer professions, Strafford offers high-quality CLE and CPE continuing education programs.