Lauren Graber presents as a panelist for the Boston Bar Association's New Lawyers Section event on Wednesday, June 15th from 12-1pm. At this program, Lauren and her fellow panelists will discuss how to serve civil process in state and federal lawsuits. They will cover important foundations for the service of summons and complaints, and also go over the service of deposition and trial subpoenas for documents and/or the attendance of a witness. Join us to learn the following:
- Who may serve a summons or subpoena;
- What is required as proof of service;
- When a summons must be served by (and what to do if service cannot be completed on time);
- Where an individual or entity may be served both in and out of the Commonwealth;
- Why a court may find process to be defective or in need of amendment; and,
- How Federal rules differ from Massachusetts rules for service of process and subpoenas.
For more information, or to register for "Service of Process and Subpoenas in Civil Lawsuits", please visit the BBA website.