Collora LLP attorney, Jody Newman, will teach a comprehensive 3-day course entitled, “Internal Investigations Certificate Program” for Human Resources and Employment industry professionals in Waltham, starting on April 7th.
This intensive, three-day program is designed to provide participating professionals with a thorough grounding in internal investigations. The content will arm participants with the knowledge of how to properly conduct internal investigations to minimize legal liability and reduce employee complaints.
This program is packed with practical tools, tips, and techniques to improve investigative skills - and boost confidence in handling sensitive and complex employee issues.
Using interactive exercises and drawing on years of practical experience, Jody Newman will outline a step-by-step internal investigation process that can be applied in all types of investigations, including harassment, theft, drug and alcohol abuse and domestic violence.
By attending this Internal Investigations training seminar, participants will learn how to properly handle an investigation, including:
- The legal obligations that require employers to conduct internal investigations
- How to gather documentary and physical evidence prior to witness interviewing
- How to establish a chain of custody and a confidential retention process
- How to prepare questions for witness interviews and select appropriate interviewing locations
- A standard format for documenting investigative findings
- Best practices in handling disciplinary action and terminations to avoid stepping on legal land mines
Participants who complete the training will receive 18 PHR / SPHR re-certification credit hours.
This program takes place at the Hyatt House Boston which is located at 54 Fourth Avenue in Waltham, MA. The course runs 3 consecutive days from 8am-4pm on April 7, 8 & 9.
To see the agenda or to enroll, please visit: http://hrtrainingcenter.com/showSEDetails.asp?TCID=1159059