Clients and Industries
Eve’s clients include entities and a range of individuals such as doctors, nurses, university professors, lawyers and corporate executives.
Practice Areas and Experience
Eve is a partner who has successfully represented individuals and entities in a wide range of matters in federal and state courts, as well as in government investigations and before administrative agencies. She has represented health care professionals and employees in matters ranging from fraud and abuse audits, investigations and prosecutions, to disciplinary actions and debarment proceedings. She has appeared before the Board of Registration in Medicine, the Board of Bar Overseers, and other licensing authorities, and she has represented physicians in peer-review proceedings.
Professional Experience Outside of Collora LLP
Prior to joining Collora LLP in 1998, Eve was a law clerk to the Honorable Kenneth Laurence of the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the justices of the Superior Court. She also served as executive director of an arts center for five years prior to law school.
Sample of Results in Practice *
- Representation of Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in multi-year, multi-issue and parallel criminal and civil health care investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston, which resulted in civil resolution of all issues, and neither the company nor any employees were charged with crimes.
- Successfully sued the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, including its Division of Health Care Finance and Policy and its Division of Medical Assistance, on behalf of the Massachusetts Ambulance Association and individual member companies to obtain higher rates of reimbursement for ambulance and chair car services. As part of the settlement the companies not only received retroactive rate increases, but the Commonwealth was also required to reimburse the Association for the legal fees expended in initiating and prosecuting the litigation.
- Represented a number of foreign medical professionals seeking local licensing.
- Represented various medical professionals in disciplinary matters before the Board of Registration in Medicine and other boards, protecting their licenses to practice from termination or suspension in many instances.
- Represented physicians in peer review proceedings.
- Representation of jet aircraft owner in litigation to revoke acceptance of $24 million corporate jet that suffered two in-flight engine failures.
* This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.