Clients and Industries
Lizzie represents individuals and entities in connection with a wide variety of civil, criminal, and administrative proceedings. Lizzie’s practice most often focuses on the health care, financial services, education, and medical device industries.
Practice Areas and Experience
Lizzie's practice includes both complex civil litigation and white collar criminal defense. She has experience in all phases of civil, criminal, and administrative proceedings, including risk analysis, investigation, discovery, trial, settlement negotiation, sentencing, and appeals. In civil litigation matters, Lizzie has handled issues arising under federal and state law in a wide array of subject areas, including health care, professional licensing, fraud, public corruption, false claims, product liability, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, and employment discrimination. Lizzie has also represented companies and individuals in criminal prosecutions and regulatory enforcement matters involving allegations of fraud, violations of securities and health care regulations, and public corruption. In addition, Lizzie has successfully handled internal investigations of employee misconduct, as well as responses to investigations by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and government regulators.
Professional Experience Outside of Collora LLP
Prior to joining Collora LLP in 2013, Lizzie was associated with Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York, NY, where she represented large financial institutions and individuals in connection with regulatory investigations, complex commercial disputes, and securities actions. Before moving to private practice, Lizzie was a law clerk for the Honorable Joseph L. Tauro of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the Honorable Michael A. Chagares of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. During law school, Lizzie interned in the Major Crimes Unit of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of New York.
Sample of Results in Practice *
- Represented pharmaceutical sales representatives and executives in grand jury investigation regarding alleged kickbacks, off-label marketing, and prior authorization fraud.
- Obtained downward departure over government objection at sentencing of client convicted of wire fraud.
- Part of team that obtained preliminary injunction against former high-level employees of telecommunications company based on breach of non-compete agreements.
- Assisted in negotiating favorable settlements for medical device company in connection with multiple Medicare fraud investigations.
- Conducted internal investigations of alleged sexual misconduct by faculty members for multiple private schools.
- Part of defense team representing medical device company in multi-district litigation comprised of over 12,000 individual lawsuits alleging manufacture of defective products.
- Represented institutional trading network in investigation by Securities Enforcement Commission regarding potential violations of securities regulations.
* This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.