Clients and Industries
Tony represents businesses and individuals in white collar criminal and complex civil litigation matters. Tony's practice covers a wide variety of industries including heath care, pharmaceutical, medical device, securities and public corruption. In addition to his white collar defense work, Tony handles matters before the SEC, FINRA, the Massachusetts Securities Division, as well as various other commercial litigation cases.
Practice Areas and Experience
Prior to joining Collora LLP in 2012, Tony served for six years as a prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts. As a member of the Public Corruption and Special Prosecutions Unit, Tony was involved in a wide variety of investigations, enforcement proceedings and trials involving mail and wire fraud, false claims, public corruption and procurement fraud. At Collora, Tony applies his experience as a federal prosecutor to assist corporations and individuals in connection with internal investigations, government inquiries and related administrative proceedings concerning insider trading, financial crimes, health care fraud and other high stakes matters. With his background and experience, Tony offers a critical legal perspective to clients facing serious challenges to their businesses or personal liberties.
Tony began his legal career with Bingham McCutchen in Boston, where he handled a variety of matters including broker-dealer arbitrations of customer and employment disputes, complex business litigation, First Amendment cases, criminal defense, and a variety of other litigation matters.
As a federal prosecutor and defense attorney, Tony has been involved in many high-profile cases, a sampling of which is detailed below.
Sample of Results in Practice*
- Defended former high ranking federal official against threatened multi-count felony indictment for ethics violations. Resolved case with plea to single misdemeanor count and $10,000 fine with no probation.
- Represented corporate insider in DOJ/SEC insider trading investigation. Resolved the matter with no charges against insider.
- Represented numerous health care executives in anti-kickback criminal investigations. Resolved the matters with no charges against the executives.
- Represented securities analyst in DOJ/SEC trading investigation. Successfully negotiated immunity order for client.
- Secured conviction of the former Speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives and associates after a six-week jury trial on charges of conspiracy, honest services mail and wire fraud, and Hobbs Act extortion under color of official right.
*This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Prior to law school, Tony served in the United States Marines for four years as an infantry officer. The highlight of his tour included serving as a Rifle Platoon Commander in Operation Desert Storm, and playing rugby for his infantry battalion while stationed on Okinawa.
Tony was once an avid runner, but now enjoys chasing kids while coaching his children's sandlot soccer teams.