Clients and Industries
Alex Watson represents corporate and individual clients in a wide variety of civil, criminal, and administrative proceedings. Alex’s practice focuses on the health care and financial services industries.
Practice Areas and Experience
Alex’s practice includes complex commercial and civil litigation as well as criminal defense. She represents individuals and entities in all phases of litigation, including risk analysis, investigations, pleadings, discovery, trial preparation, and appeals. Alex has also represented mortgage servicers, trustees of securitized mortgage trusts, and lenders in matters alleging predatory lending, mortgage fraud, and violations of consumer protection statutes.
Professional Experience Outside of Collora LLP
Prior to joining Collora LLP in 2015, Alex was an associate in the Boston office of a national law firm, where she represented mortgage lenders and servicers in a variety of matters. She also served as an Assistant District Attorney in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, where she conducted more than 30 jury trials and argued several cases before the Massachusetts Appeals Court. Alex began her legal career as an associate at a boutique litigation firm in Providence, Rhode Island. During law school, Alex served as an intern in the Office of The Prosecutor at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, in The Hague, Netherlands, and she was also an intern in the Public Corruption Unit of the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston, Massachusetts.
Sample of Results in Practice *
- Drafted numerous successful dispositive motions for large mortgage servicer client, analyzing claims including predatory lending and mortgage fraud
- Successfully argued several appeals before the Massachusetts Appeals Court, including appeal relating to jury instructions and sufficiency of evidence in circumstantial cocaine distribution matter and appeal addressing admissibility of statement made by defendant
- Negotiated settlements for mortgage industry clients in matters where plaintiffs alleged violations of consumer protection statutes
- As prosecutor, secured convictions of various defendants following jury trials, where defendants were charged with drug distribution, domestic violence, and motor vehicle and property crimes
* This sampling of cases represents a selected, small portion of this lawyer’s total experience and past performance is not intended to be a representation of likely future results, which must be assessed on a case-by-case basis.